Ohrid, North Macedonia
The 55th Congress of the International Society of Applied Ethology
4th to 8th September 2022
The infinite cycle of interdisciplinarity continues, and as the multiple disciplines contribute to understanding animal behaviour, likewise the knowledge of animal behaviour is applied in even more disciplines and practices.
Today, we can’t imagine any kind of management and care for companion animals, farm animals, wild animals, and animals used in research and teaching, without taking into account the knowledge about their behaviour. This goes even further: animal behaviour is a crucial part in understanding the interspecies relationships, including Homo sapiens. Thus, knowledge of animal behaviour is important in establishing the ethical and moral values, in societies, economy, public health and food safety, in applied technology and animal protection, as well as in understanding the holistic concepts and processes, such as climate change or One Health.
Therefore, the 55th ISAE Congress is about seeing ANIMAL BEHAVIOUR in each corner of science and BEYOND, in any aspect of modern life.
Scientific themes include:
1. Behaviour and welfare of indigenous breeds and in extensive production systems.
2. Damaging and abnormal behaviours in animals.
3. Human – animal interactions and welfare.
4. Genetics and breeding for improved animal welfare.
5. Precision Livestock Farming and Measuring behaviour and welfare.
6. Animal behaviour during on-farm and off-farm management procedures.
7. Positive animal welfare in the context of improved quality of life.
Abstract submission closes on 15th March 2022.
Early bird registration closes on 15th June 2022.