Workshop on Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis
Through a mix of lectures and hands-on practical activities and tutorials, you will learn the major steps required to undertake a systematic review and meta-analysis of preclinical animal studies.
- Understand what a systematic review is and why to perform one.
- Understand the components of a good research question.
- Understand the components of a protocol.
- Understand the importance of preregistering your protocol and where to register.
- Learn how to develop an accurate systematic search strategy.
- Learn how to screen records for inclusion against preset criteria.
- Understand the steps required for data extraction including study design information and quantitative data.
- Learn how to assess studies for risk of bias and reporting.
- Learn how to conduct meta-analysis of effect size data using R.
- Understand how to report your completed systematic review.
Sarah McCann, PhD | BIH QUEST Center for Responsible Research, Berlin Institute of Health
Alexandra Bannach-Brown, PhD | BIH QUEST Center for Responsible Research, Berlin Institute of Health
Torsten Rackoll, PhD | BIH QUEST Center for Responsible Research, Berlin Institute of Health
Corinna Dressler, PhD | Head of Information Literacy Education/Systematic Reviews | Medical Library, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
Sofija Vojvodic, MSc | BIH QUEST Center for Responsible Research, Berlin Institute of Health
Dates are 4th to 6th December 2023, 1 to 5pm CET (12-4pm UK time)
Course is free for researchers