Next Steps for UK Fisheries
This conference will consider policy priorities for UK fisheries – including:
– next steps for the Fisheries Act, moving on from the EU-UK Trade and Cooperation Agreement, and prospects for improving sustainability and resilience in the sector
– funding priorities for the sector, including replacing the EU European Maritime and Fisheries Fund, and the UK’s Shared Prosperity Fund
– the way forward for the Marine Management Organisation (MMO) as it supports the UK in becoming an independent coastal state.
– latest thinking on environmental practices and stewardship, and the future of Marine Protected Areas
– competition, trade and quotas, and priorities for future trade deals.
The discussion is bringing together stakeholders with key policy officials who are due to attend from BEIS; Defra; the FCDO; and the Planning Inspectorate.
Note: fees apply for most delegates, but concessionary and complimentary places are available